Location: Gateshead, UK
# of openings: 1
Responsible for the specification of Cast and Forged rolls from both a technical and manufacturing perspective, for a number of manufacturing sites within the UEA group.
Reporting ultimately to the Specifications Manager, the post requires a high level of technical competency and reliability to ensure a thorough review of all technical and specification data received. Then the accurate population of company-wide systems with the outputs of this review, in order to provide a sound basis for the generation of costings, quotations, orders, production planning and manufacture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report directly to the Specifications Supervisor, and ultimately to the Specifications Manager
- Review and process drawings, technical specifications, manufacturing and test requirements in a practical, thorough and effective manner through the requisite Technical contract review process at UEA.
- Assess product capability to make the essential product and process selections needed by the Specifications Department
- Reliably enter the required Specifications outputs arising from these reviews into the Company systems to enable the successful quoting, processing and delivery of cast and forged roll products worldwide
- Carry out and maintain the storage of all appropriate Customer Network entries in accordance with the requirements of the Specifications Department
- Process product, customer drawing or specification amendments effectively
- Aid in the achievement of the Specifications Department goals, targets and agreed deadlines
- Maintain compliance with all appropriate company rules, procedures and policies applying to the Specifications Department and UEA employees
- Other duties may also arise as determined and assigned by the Specifications Supervisor or Specifications Manager.
- Not at this stage, but potential may exist to progress in the future
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE (ALL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE BULLETS ARE REQUIRED UNLESS NOTED AS “PREFERRED”)
- Qualification or significant experience in one of the following fields: Engineering, Manufacturing, Metallurgy, Materials Science, Technical or Quality
- Educated to degree level in one (or a derivative) of any of the above
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven technical capability with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work reliably and effectively within a small team
- Must be thorough and reliable, especially when working to important deadlines
- Self motivated with a “keen to learn” approach
- Good communicator with competent IT skills
- Able to travel and work independently where needed
- Potential to progress to supervisory / management positions
Click here to e-mail this posting to a friend