Electronic Repairman (ELORPM-Val)
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Company Order Number: ELORPM-Val
# of openings: 1
Installs and repairs electrical systems and electrical components of industrial equipment. Troubleshooting and repair of power circuits, relays, switches, sensors, motor starters, and various control components. Candidate will perform basic industrial mechanical repair including pneumatic and hydraulic.
AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, rectifiers, electronic controls and regulators, various mill and production equipment, electronic computing and control systems, data recording and processing equipment, control circuits, electronic gauges and detectors such as pinhole detection gauges and X-ray gauges, industrial T.V., public address systems, and other communication equipment, radios, annunciators, time clocks, vacuum tubes, transistors, transducers, wire and cable, conduits and fittings, instruments, pyrometers, etc.
- Receives wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications and instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done.
- Analyzes all types of circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings as required to install, repair, adjust, calibrate, construct, modify or service all types of electronic devices and systems, including communication systems, various mill and production equipment, electronic computing and control systems, power and distribution and control equipment, measuring, recording, processing and control devices, indicating devices, instruments and gauges, etc.
- Plans details of working procedure to determine material or replacement needs and selects a logical approach to "trouble shooting" and repair problems. Answers trouble calls.
- Makes sketches of parts and layouts; designs and constructs adaptations or conversions of component parts.
- Assembles, inspects, adjusts, repairs, or replaces faulty parts and wiring on all types of electronic devices and instruments as well as makes mechanical and electrical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electronic equipment.
- Inspects, dismantles, services, reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
- Performs electrical repair maintenance, installation, etc., on plant equipment as directed.
- Maintain, installs or repairs all communication cables or wiring. Makes power cable splices. Climbs on buildings, towers and mill equipment to make inspections, repairs and installations.
- Considers all safety precautions and proper isolations of circuits to cause a minimum of interference to operations. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles, wiring specification codes, properties of various materials and principals of operation and application of equipment, etc.
- Fabricates parts as required using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Works in shop or field as required.
- Maintains performance and maintenance records on electronic equipment.
- 3 plus years of experience as an electrician with experience in the above areas.
- Graduate of an approved apprentice program or technical training program beyond high school (Journeyman equivalent)
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, Pension, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter with for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (VLABOR)
Please no phone calls
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to e-mail this posting to a friend.