Location: Carnegie, PA
# of openings: 1
Union Electric Steel Corporation is seeking a JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN for our Carnegie, PA manufacturing plant. You must provide your Journeyman Electrician card/certificate for consideration.
This is an hourly position in a unionized setting and applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends, as required.
Electrician performs complicated maintenance, installation and repair work on electrical circuits, power distribution, motors, generators, control panels, electrical control devices, etc.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Electrician may use soldering equipment, test equipment; meters, portable power tools and hand tools common to the trade.
Electrician will be exposed to machinery such as cranes, electric and gas furnaces, grinders, lathes, milling machines, in addition to motors, generators, circuit breakers, transformers, and all types of wire, conduit, panel boards, switches, electronic controls, cables, etc.
- Works from verbal or written instructions, samples, sketches or diagrams, to repair, maintain or install electrical equipment. Work is usually of a complicated nature. Electrician may make diagrams or sketches.
- Analyzes breakdown or power failure, finds source of trouble, plans work procedure, selects proper tools and materials to be used and proceeds with the work with limited supervision.
- Has a thorough knowledge of electrical codes, plant electrical equipment and shop mathematics.
- Performs or assists in making mechanical repairs associated with electrical work on cranes, manipulator, motors, etc.
- Performs installation and repair work on electronic control devices.
- Operates cranes as required.
- May direct Craneman in the proper operation and care of cranes.
- Follows all good shop practices as cleanliness, care of tools and equipment, keeping an orderly work place, etc.
- Observes all safety rules and watches for safety of others.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (CARJMELC)
Please no phone calls
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to e-mail this posting to a friend