Location: Austintown, OH
Company Order Number: DRDV1L-Aup
# of openings: 1
To set up and operate Turret Lathe, Engine Lathe, or Band saw for production of parts to customer specification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives numerical work orders, prints and instructions from Team Lead.
- Locates work piece and positions piece in machine and transfers finished piece from machine to shipping & receiving. Turns all parts end for end as required.
- Sets up machine for various size parts as required by adjusting tail stock, head stock jaws, roll clamping, v-blocks, roller rest, indicate or layout.
- Sets up and operates machine tools, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds, etc., for operations being machined.
- Performs straight and taper turning, boring, threading, facing, drilling, tapping, reaming, plugging and mill work, etc., to the required dimensional specifications and tolerances.
- Uses tape measures, calipers, micrometers, scales, gauges, etc., to check for finish sizes.
- Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments or replacements to machine. May assist in repairs.
- Remove chips from machine. Maintains clean and orderly working area.
Training will be available for this position.
Education/Experience (education required unless noted as “preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (all knowledge, skills and abilities are required unless noted as “preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Continual attention to detail
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (AULATHE)
Please no phone calls
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to e-mail this posting to a friend.