Entry Level Supt. - Manufacturing Technician
Entry Level Supervisory Position – Manufacturing Technician (QBINS6-Bur)
Location: Burgettstown, PA
Company Order Number: QBINS6-Bur
# of openings: 1
Entry Level Supervisory Position - Manufacturing Technician
A great opportunity for someone who is interested in a leadership role.
This is an entry-level supervisor position that could lead to a larger leadership role. You will have real world hands on experience and is an evaluation for future advancement. Analyzes operations and inspects products for compliance with order specifications, established company standards, and conformance with the company’s quality control system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes entire melting, refining, tapping and teeming operations and records all pertinent data.
- Manages and assists with proper teeming pit procedure and set up.
- Obtains hydrogen and chemistry samples and ensures proper sample technique while teeming.
- Analyzes steel chemistry using optical emission spectrometer and hydrogen analyzers.
- Performs ultrasonic inspection of rolls to qualify product for the hardening operation.
- Inspects rolls for nonconformances and verifies rework when nonconformances are detected.
- Measures and records hardness readings to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates processing requirements and nonconformances to crew, foreman and supervisor.
- Analyzes and records data using various standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the accuracy and reliability of company products.
- Reviews the production melt schedule and product standards to ensure accuracy (i.e. grade, ingot size).
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE (ALL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE BULLETS ARE REQUIRED UNLESS NOTED AS "PREFERRED")
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required; AS Degree preferred
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE REQUIRED UNLESS NOTED AS "PREFERRED")
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to identify a problem or issue and explain findings to a chosen audience
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to read and follow oral or written instruction
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings
- Ability to use precision measuring devices
- Continual attention to detail
- Independent judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ultrasonic Certification Level I and Level II
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (HCMFGTECH)
Please no phone calls
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to e-mail this posting to a friend