Safety Specialist (LTSBR3-VA)
Location: Lynchburg, VA / Amherst, VA
Company Order Number: LTSBR3-VA
# of openings: 1
Develops, trains, implements, and executes the Corporate Safety Program to provide a safe work environment for employees. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local laws and regulations pertaining to health and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain policies to establish corporate guidelines and directives with regard to safety, health and security.
- Implement corporate safety policies, procedures and directives in all facilities in cooperation with local management and union safety committees.
- Develop and execute a training program that educates the workforce and supervision to enable them to conduct daily activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Coordinate the identification and corrective action of unsafe conditions and unsafe practices with local plant management and union representatives.
- Maintains current regulatory requirements, and manages the proper documentation and reporting with respect to safety and health to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Advises and informs executive management on relevant safety initiatives and performance. Provide guidance on fostering our corporate safety culture.
- Assists with site Worker’s Compensation claims and Case Management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies to foster a team approach to continuous improvement in the company’s safety performance.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE (ALL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE BULLETS ARE REQUIRED UNLESS NOTED AS "PREFERRED")
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in Environmental Health and Safety
- 0-2 years relevant experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE REQUIRED UNLESS NOTED AS "PREFERRED")
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Continual attention to detail
- Independent judgement and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (VJMELEC)
Please no phone calls
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to e-mail this posting to a friend