Press Room - 4% Chrome Milestone
- Created on Tuesday, 10 March 2015 11:00
Union Electric Steel Achieves Production Milestone
Union Electric Steel, the world's leading producer of forged hardened steel rolls, is pleased to announce the shipment of their 30,000th 4% Chrome roll. The UES’ 4CRMO roll, developed in 1993, has become the “roll of choice” used by most major steel and aluminium rolling mills around the world who can substantiate product differentiation and strive to maximize value-in-use.
The UES 4CRMO rolls are engineered using a unique combination of advanced heat treatment technology and chemistry, which results in improved performance in the main areas of interest to the rolling mill user: longer mill campaigns, lower roll consumption and higher resistance to mill incident damage than competitors’ 3%, 4% and 5% chrome rolls.
- Lower Roll Consumption due to superior wear resistance throughout the roll life
- Longer Campaign Life due to better retention of surface profile and roughness
- Increased Resistance to Mill Induced Roll Failures due to optimized residual stress profile achieved through UES proprietary full coil static induction hardening process
- Maximum Roll Safety and Reliability due to fully automated EC/UT finish inspection
- Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Rolling Mills
- Best value in steel rolling mills for automotive, tinplate and stainless applications
- Superior value in aluminium mill applications
With our commitment to continuous improvement, it is our goal to provide our customers with rolls that meet the highest tolerance specifications for the most demanding conditions and stringent applications in the metalworking industry in order to continue earning our position as the preferred forged roll supplier.
We welcome you to visit our facilities and to observe the state-of-the-art equipment and manufacturing processes at our plants in the USA and UK. Please feel free to contact your Sales Representative to schedule a visit at your earliest convenience.