Press Room - Important Announcement - UES
- Created on Monday, 07 March 2016 13:00
March 7, 2016
Dear Valued Customer
I am pleased to announce the completion of the acquisition of the following Åkers Group manufacturing sites by Union Electric Steel Corporation.
- Åkers Sweden AB, located in Åkers Styckebruk, Sweden
- Åkers National Roll Company, located in Avonmore, Pennsylvania, USA
- Shanxi Åkers TISCO Roll Co., Ltd., located in Taiyuan Shanxi, China (of which Åkers Group is a 60% joint venture partner)
- Åkers Valji Ravne d.o.o., located in Ravne na Koroškem, Slovenia
- Vertical Seal Company, located in Pleasantville, Pennsylvania, USA
With the closing of this transaction, the forged and cast roll businesses of Union Electric Steel and those acquired from Åkers Group will officially begin conducting business under the brand name “Union Electric Åkers.” As the world’s largest non-government-owned roll business, Union Electric Åkers is able to offer a complete product line to customers in every global region.
This acquisition brings together the world’s two roll technology leaders to provide the most reliable, high-performance products and unparalleled technical support. Our global sales network has an expansive coverage, increasing our responsiveness to customers. Union Electric Åkers has unmatched production capability, with a total capacity of 125,000 Metric Tons (MT) annually: 80,000 MT in cast products and 45,000 MT in forged products. Our product lines range from finished roll weights of 1 kg to 71 MT, enabling Union Electric Åkers to provide rolls to the smallest strip mills, as well as to some of the largest plate mills in the world. We are very pleased and excited to combine the best of forged and cast roll technology and manufacturing expertise through Union Electric Steel’s acquisition of Åkers Group. We intend to make this transition as smooth and seamless as possible and are taking great efforts to ensure that your ability to order and receive product is not affected. Åkers product previously supplied to your company will continue to be supported by Union Electric Åkers.
A Union Electric Åkers sales representative will be contacting you shortly to provide more details about our expanded roll company and discuss open inquiries, current rolls on order, and changes to the remittance details. They will also address any questions that you may have.
We value our association with your company and thank you for your continued business. We look forward to continuing to share with you exciting and innovative products and solutions we are bringing to market. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Union Electric Åkers will strive to exceed your performance and service expectations as we deliver the highest value roll products available in the industry.
Robert G. Carothers
Union Electric Steel Corporation, CEO
Union Electric Åkers Manufacturing Sites
- Taiyuan, China – Fully Integrated Cast Roll Manufacturing Plant
- Ravne, Slovenia – Forged Roll Heat Treatment and Finished Machine Plant
- Åkers Styckebruk, Sweden – Fully Integrated Cast Roll Manufacturing Plant
- Valparaiso, IN, USA – Forged Roll Heat treatment and Finished Machine Plant
- Avonmore, PA, USA – Fully Integrated Cast Roll Manufacturing Plant
- Burgettstown, PA, USA – Primary Steel Making and Forged Plant for Forged Rolls
- Carnegie, PA, USA – Forged Roll and Cast Roll Heat Treatment and Finished Machine Plant
- Erie, PA, USA – Forged Roll Electro Slag Remelt Plant
- Pleasantville, PA, USA –(Vertical Seal Company) Rolling Mill Part Repair Plant
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, UK – Fully Integrated Cast Roll Manufacturing Plant